16 August 2012

Relax & Contrast





















Yesterday I spent a little time looking through Lonny magazine's August 2012 issue (and by a little time I mean a couple of hours!), when I became absolutely smitten by the Brentwood, California home of stylist-to-the-stars Estee Stanley. 

I love the home's relaxed atmosphere, with its elegantly contrasting neutral colour scheme of ivory, dark chocolate, and warm French oak. As always, I'm into the exposed beams, dark wood floors, and black windows. Some decorative touches which I really like in the home are the subtly textured fabrics, found on tables and beds, and the negative exposure artworks, which bring a mysterious mood to the otherwise rather traditional rooms.

My favourite room in this home would have to be the daughter's bedroom. What girl wouldn't adore that fabulous white headboard, with nailhead trim, and the lovely little pink tufted love seat? I know I would.

{all images found here}

1 comment:

michele said...

i knowwwwww. i love that daughter's room too!

smiles.

michele